Newspaper class
This is the one class where I feel like I always get something done, and I LOVE doing layout. Just so anyone who reads this knows, writing an article is no where near as difficult as designing the layout of a page. There are a lot of little things to keep track of, and so far, in the two issues we've done so far this year, my pages have kicked a LOT of ass. So, the page an article is on was probably not designed by the person who wrote the article. And on stay late days, we order pizza. Pizza tastes 235986358926 times better at 5pm in the library for some reason.
Michael Chen
This is my cousin. (SORT of.) He's awesome and really fobby and has little eyes. He's an avid member of the Serious Film Club and he is 14. No, actually he's 16, but in my mind he's 14.Photo by Jenna Westover
The pair of shorts I'm wearing right now
They're knee length so I don't look completely stupid for wearing shorts during the onset of winter. I made them out of a pair of pants that I didn't like anymore, but now I like them again because they're no longer the same. I gave them a makeover. It's like recycling. Oh!
Recycling
I love recycling!!! Particularly reusing or reducing, not so much actually recycling. I take the ziploc bags that wasteful people intend to throw away at lunch, and I reuse them, rinsing when necessary. Why would you use up at least 3 plastic bags a day and throw them away when they're perfectly good for another day?? Oh and I save all the paper I use from school that is blank on the back side and I run it through the printer ONE MORE TIME. It's awesome. Then sometimes I print out short stories by JD Salinger and I don't have to feel bad because I'm using 100% reused paper.
Korean
I taught myself how to read (most of) the korean alphabet a day or so ago, and now in English class Holly writes me sentences and I decode them. Korean is kinda hard to pronounce, but it's so fun...
Random hobgoblins:
USB cards, Rilo Kiley, feeling proud to be American (!!), weight lifting (I'm doing reps of 60!), trolling on facebook, Weston Cooper, my friends from camp (amy and carmen and victor and vincent), Hannah Goodman singing, big cups of water, Clif bars and my concentration so far.
I am way excited to have 3 periods of art tomorrow and experiment with water colors!!!!
2 comments:
karen you're adorable
love this post-especially the picture caption.
Post a Comment