Wednesday, October 7, 2009

R to the I to the S to the D

RISD IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AMAZING

Well, like a true pacer, I'm sick right now; I've got this beastly sore throat that makes me wheeze and pant and sigh and hack out coughs, especially when climbing up hills.
Anyway, RISD is great. It's beautiful and has amazing facilities. We went to the drawing building and the pieces up on the walls did not look like first quarter freshmen work...maybe it wasn't.

and this is part of their application!

"Three drawing samples are required of all candidates. Each drawing must be done using graphite pencil on a sheet of white paper measuring 16” x 20” (40 cm x 50 cm); other drawing materials should not be used. The first drawing must represent a bicycle. The second drawing must utilize both sides of the sheet of drawing paper. For the third drawing, consider something from three perspectives and relate your three visualizations together on the page.

You may approach these three drawings in any way you wish. For example, your drawings may be realistic or abstract; you may choose to draw an object alone or place it in a situation; you can draw the whole object or only a portion of it, etc."

sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know for sure that if I'm going to apply to one art school, it'll be RISD. Pratt was OK, but nothing as amazing as RISD...let's just hope i can get in :/:/ that portfolio is going to need work...good thing their application isnt due until like February.

I'm really excited for portfolio day.

i can't wait to be home, really. Just Brown tomorrow and then Boston University after that, and I get to be homehome home where loads of make-up homework awaits me. shit! I miss art! maybe pictures later!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Uhhggg, RISD's application sounds so hard. Isn't RISD attached to Brown? Or am I just spewing crazy shit out of my mouth?