Wednesday, February 17, 2010

sigh sigh sigh cough cough cough

Being sick is so awful, yet it's so easy to complain about! For the first time ever, I missed a day of school because of being sick on Tuesday. It felt great, partly because I was actually productive, and because well, I wasn't at school.

So I recently I don't really know what I want to be drawing or painting or making...I've been half-heartedly looking at art but nothing really strikes me. Whenever I think I'll just draw what I see when i close my eyes, I just see slightly dirty things that don't translate really well onto paper. hahaha
These are a few gems that I've stumbled across..

http://plslala.com/#


http://www.thorazos.net/index.html

http://robagorni.blogspot.com/

So as of late, I think what I'm trying to be more moved by is the aesthetic quality of something, like the way it was rendered on the page, than the actual concept. I'm a bit done with really conceptual things right now, and I think I want to focus on developing my style and exploring ways of doing things in all kinds of media. I don't REALLY know what that means, but we'll see...

No comments: