Friday, April 2, 2010

concentration!

Maybe not this one

but definitely these two






6 comments:

Anne said...

I especially like the bottom one. The repetition of the outline of the fish with different designs inside really brings me into the piece. I'm curious as to what this is painted on because of the little bit of text.
I also like being able to see the brush strokes on the painting with Melis. It gives the feeling of it being nice and loose while purposeful at the same time.

kathryn g said...

I also like the bottom one probably the best, how there is peices of writing that look like card board boxes. It makes me think of loading fish out of the harbor in wooden crates. I also like how the one above it has bones that are kind of outlinded, although it seems a little MOP, but I think the blue peices on the corner helps it be less MOP. And I agree that the top one may not fit your concentration as well.

Travis Art Blog said...

hey i like the one in the middle. i know its a lot like your usual style, but your usual styles great. it's like expressive and spontaneous but thought out at the same time. i like how the bottom one and how you carried the style over but presented it in a different way. big ups dawwwwwwwwg

K.M. Woodburn said...

Exclusively about the bottom piece: Wow, wow, wow Karen. I didn't know how you were gonna make so many fish pieces progressively different, but you did it. You have a sense of color and composition so magnificent. One great thing about that piece is that I was looking at it for like three minutes and still found myself occupied. The vibrant "Y" and the other text is mysterious and adds to the painting. It makes me ask, why the "Y"?

Cool cool

Jordan Burt said...

karennn. still goin strong i see. i dont know why you don't like the first one. its nice. its a little different than usual. the other too are great also. i like the color! you don't usual add osmething as bright as that yellow.

i think i like your paintings the best though


p.s . i was scrolling through your blog and i was looking at all the art from other artists you post. and as i was looking at it i didn't even realized some of the art was yours. i had gone down in to some other posts and thought it was from the other artists!

i odn't know if that makes sense. but its a good thing! its looking really good! just like the other stuff you've been posting. nice jobbbb

Linnea said...

karennn i am obsessed with your bottom one. i love the color it reminds me of salmons which is good i guess since it is a fish painting. i love it so much. i love the different sizes of fish and like just all the different textures and designs of fish are great. i love all of your peices they are great. and i do like the top one too its nice and it looks a bit different than some of your others but i really like it alot and the texture on that is super cool. good job!!